Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Solanin

Today is going to be a different blog post than what I usually do. It's a post that makes the title of my blog relevant. Today I'm going to give you a manga recommendation. Some of you might have read it, some of you might not, but I feel that this manga is a really good one. It's also one of my favorites.

The title of the manga is the same as the title of my post. Solanin. It's basically a manga that some people could relate to on a personal level. Deals with things like motivation and questions such as what do I want to do with my life, is there anything I can do with my life? It captures a pivotal moment in people lives. The early twenties. Asano Inio does a great job telling a story about doing shit we may or may not give to fucks about and about life in general. If you pick this manga up, I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did. 

4 comments:

Tigoris said...

Ah, I've seen this series before, but never read it. I'll put it on my list of things to do.

Cpt.Awesome said...

>Deals with things like motivation and questions such as what do I want to do with my life, is there anything I can do with my life?

Oh jeez, I want to try it since it seems like a nice, short read, but I think it may make me depressed if I do.

MixedNuts said...

About life eh, I presume its going to be deep and depressing.

Nope said...

At only 2 volumes, decent ratings and an interesting topic. I think I will read this eventually. I like short manga.

I also like the idea of what to do with my life, while they're often depressing, the normally have good conclusions that can even get me motivated.

Post a Comment