Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

the con

So today I went to my workplace to book off next weekend because I'm going to Anime North. For the America bros that read my blog, anime north is as you suspect it to be. A con. Now before you rush me with hate comments about how terrible a person I am for going to this con, here me out. I first went to this con when I was in grade 10? I guess so that was a good 6 years ago and on top of that, I didn't go alone. I went with a couple of bros. Every year I went with the same bros and we had a blast. Just recently we started to go all 3 days so it isn't really that bad if you find people to go with and stay away from the crazy "glompers" and other freaks that attend it. Usually our day consists of walking around the dealer's room for a couple of hours buying the things that you wouldn't be able to buy online without paying a premium and just being pretty laid back. We also like to go into the panels and watch the anime that are deemed by anime north as "the latest anime" and "straight from japan" even though the shows they show are from a good couple of seasons ago. We always have a good laugh from those. Then we go back to the dealer's room for more stuff and then end our evening with going to Swiss Chalet. If you are close to a con in your area, give it a try. I hope that you'll have a good time. As long as you go with people and stay away from the people that clearly say that they're crazy.

2 comments:

MixedNuts said...

I may have money to go this year not sure about the time yet.

Nope said...

That's exactly the same as my opinion of cons, I only go because I've been going with some friends for the last couple of years, if it weren't for them I don't think I'd bother, especially seeing the cons here in Perth are rather lame.

Post a Comment